STORAGE: Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area (MIA) Storage Locations – Griffith, NSW
Australian Grain Link have five segregated storage facilities located in prime districts in the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area (MIA). The total storage capacity of 500,000 tonnes gives Grain Link year round access to grain, guaranteeing delivery to our export & domestic customers.
Sites are as follows:
- Wumbulgal Intermodal Grain Terminal
- Storage capacity approx. 250,000 tonnes
- Newly developed storage facility for all summer and winter crops with direct rail access
- Storage capacity approx. 85,000 tonnes
- Specialty wheats and rice
- Storage capacity approx. 95,000 tonnes
- Wheat, rice, corn and malt barley
- Storage capacity approx. 68,000 tonnes
- Wheat, malt barley and corn
All storage sites have the latest automated aeration controlled units allowing Pesticide Residue Free (PRF) grain to be delivered. Strict quality control procedures are followed, meeting the requirements as set out by Grain Trade Australia (GTA) and all other Government standards.
The MIA guarantees production of high quality specialty grains which has been clearly demonstrated over the last ten years, when large areas of Eastern Australia have been impacted by drought.